2-days Tsavo East Saltlick is a road safari departing from the coast. This includes, Mombasa /Diani, Mombasa Port Malindi or your even residential place.
This is private safari for you and your family or friends based on a 4×4 safari van with a pop-up roof top for ease of game viewing. We try to keep our safaris to a maximum of 06 Pax. This is to guarantee all a window seat for ease of game viewing. We also have land cruiser option at a cost of extra fee of 70$ Per Day for the group.
What is factored in the cost
You will find that all our safari itineraries are based on full board basis. Other mandatory includes are park/conservancy fees, mineral water, English speaking driver guide, all applicable taxes. Pick up and drop off same point. (In case of a different drop off after safari, clients are supposed to communicate prior.) German or French guides available on prior request.
When it comes to excludes; All those items of personal nature, tips to the drivers and porter’s waiters/waitress, drinks and any more extra that has not been mentioned are not included. Kindly confirm at the time of booking this Tsavo East Salt lick safari.
All our bookings are flexible as long as proper communication is done prior in writing. However, this will be affirmed after rooms availability to the concerned lodges. The changes should be within the same season period otherwise variation in seasons will attract extra cost. Kindly confirm at the time of rescheduling.
Tsavo east salt lick safari is doable throughout all the seasons, and it’s fit for all age groups. The only issue would be age limit at salt lick lodge where below 5 years are not allowed due to safety matters. However, this should not hider you from having fun as you will be accommodated at the sister’s lodge Taita hills safari resort & spa just within the conservancy.
2-days Tsavo East Saltlick will give you a fun filled experience you deserve and value for your money.
- Large herds of free-ranging African elephants as well as other wildlife.
- More than 300 species of birds in Taita Sanctuary
- Panoramic view in Sarova Salt lick Lodge Chance to overnight at the salt lick lodge one of the most photographed lodge Game watch at the comfort of dining table at Salt lick Lodge.
Day 01 Mombasa- Tsavo East National Park-Taita Hills
You will be picked Mombasa early in the morning after safari briefing drive to Tsavo East National Park .Tsavo means ‘Place of Slaughter’ in Kamba language (one of the Kenyan tribes). This park is recommended for photographers with its fabulous light and fantastic views, especially the Mudanda Rock and the Yatta Plateau, the world’s largest lava flow. Lugard Falls on the Galana River are remarkable for the shaped water-worn rocks.
Besides this physical features, this park offers wild range of animals including elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, crocodile, waterbuck, kudu, gerenuk and zebra. Aruba hunter’s hartebeest, with its lyre-shaped horns, can also be seen. Lunch at your hotel and depart with game drive enroute to Taita hills Sanctuary .Dinner and overnight at
Day 02 Taita Hills Sanctuary – Mombasa
Early morning game drive when the animals are active return for breakfast. Saltlick lodge is set in the heart of the Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary overlooking a waterhole and the vast Tsavo plains. It is build a top stilts overlooking a water hole and designed for lofty game viewing from its thatched roof rondavels and walkways. Game drive enroute with lunch at Taita Hills.
Mid-morning game drive animals expected to be seen includes lions, cheetah, baboons, giraffes, elephants just to mention but a few. Lunch and drive back to Mombasa where you will be transferred back to your hotel .
Other safaris departing from Mombasa includes https://www.flyingdovetours.com/tour/tsavo-west-east-safari/.
END OF OUR SERVICES
Per Person Each of
Peak /High Season - 03 Jan - 31 Mar /01 Jul- 15 Dec
Low Season- 01Apr- 01 Jun
HIGH LEVEL ACCOMMODATION
- Meet and greet on arrival and Safari briefing.
- Accommodation as outlined or similar depending on availability during the booking period.
- Full board accommodation (B)Breakfast (L) Lunch and (D)dinner.
- Private transportation in a 4×4 safari van with Pop up roof/ however a land cruiser is available on request at an extra cost.
- Park entrance fees
- English speaking driver guide throughout the safari.
- It should be noted that,French and German speakers are available on request.
- One litre of mineral water per person per day during the trip(complementary).
- Transfer to and from the hotel/airport will be on offer.
- Flying Doctors evacuation cover is among the packages.
- Visas and any local or international flights.
- Item of personal Nature i.e. Drinks, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Clothing.
- Tips to driver guides, porters and waiters.
- Alternatively, there is Land Cruiser transport at an extra cost of US$ 50 Per Day Per Group.