Salt Lick Safari is a road trip departing from Mombasa/Malindi /Diani Hotels to this world-famous lodge and back to your destination after 2 days. This is among the most photographed lodges in the world.
The lodge is located in Taita Hills Sanctuary. This is where more than 300 species of birds have been recorded in addition to other animals. Taita Sanctuary a private sanctuary located within the Taita hills, covers an area of 100 sq km. It hosts cape buffalo, elephant, zebra, hartebeest, impala, waterbuck, Thomsons gazelle, lesser kudu, dik-dik, leopard, Maasai lion, Maasai giraffe, birds just to mention but a few. Lunch is served at Taita lodge.
You get a golden chance to see a lot of animals as they approach the water hole to quench their thirst and through the tunnel.
The lodge has an age restriction for children under 5 years for safety reasons its elevated-on stilts however, this should not hider families with children as they will be booked at Taita Hills Game lodge still located in the sanctuary.
Salt Lick Safari highlights of this safari includes:
- Large herds of free-ranging African elephants as well as other wildlife.
- More than 300 species of birds in Taita Sanctuary
- Panoramic view in Salt lick Lodge
- Chance to overnight at the salt lick lodge one of the most photographed lodge
- Game watch at the comfort of dining table at Salt lick Lodge
Kindly follow us on twitter
Meet and greet at your hotel after safari briefing drive to Taita Sanctuary a private sanctuary Located within the Taita hills, covering an area of 100 sq km .It hosts cape buffalo, elephant, zebra, hartebeest, impala, waterbuck, Thomsons gazelle, lesser kudu, dik-dik, leopard, Maasai lion, Maasai giraffe, birds just to mention but a few. Lunch is at Taita lodge. Overnight will be at saltlick lodge built atop stilts overlooking a water hole and designed for lofty game viewing from its thatched roof rondavels and walkways. (For saltlick option( for standard clients will stay at Taita Hills. Afternoon game drive, animals expected to be seen includes lions, cheetah, baboons, giraffes, elephants just to mention but a few. Dinner and overnight.
Early morning game drive return for breakfast and thereafter return to Mombasa with game drive enroute to be dropped back to the hotel.
End of our services
Similar itineraries to saltlick are
Per Person Each of
Peak + High Season 01Jul - 30 Oct
Low Season- 01Apr- 30Jun
HIGH LEVEL ACCOMMODATION
STANDARD LEVEL ACCOMMODATION
- Meet and greet /Safari briefing
- Accommodation as outlined.
- Full board accommodation (B)Breakfast (L) Lunch & (D)dinner
- Private safari van in a roof top viewing.
- Sanctuary fees
- English / French/German speaking driver guide throughout the safari
- All applicable taxes
- 1 litre of mineral water per day (complementary)
- Item of personal Nature i.e. Drinks, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Clothing
- Tips to driver guides, porters and waiters
- Activities not mentioned on the Itinerary
- Accommodation in Mombasa
- Our previous clients had a great time with Flying Dove Tours