RWANDA EXPRESS GORILLAS TREK- 02 NIGHTS- 03 DAYS
Key Highlights: Kigali City Tour/Gorilla Trek & Dian Fossey Museum-Gallery
Vehicle: 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser/s
Meals: As indicated in the below program outline
Day 01: Arrival Kigali + Overnight
Meet and greet upon arrival into Kigali International Airport. Transfer to your Kigali hotel.
Overnight on Bed & Breakfast basis:
Top-range 5Star: Kigali Serena Hotel www.serenahotels.com; Or, alternative
Mid-range, 4Star: Park Inn by Radisson Hotel www.parkinn.com; Or, alternative
Day 02: Kigali-City Tour + Lunch/Volcanoes National Park
Morning, orientation tour of Kigali City, including a visit of the Genocide Memorial Museum.
Lunch at the Hotel Mille Collines – featured in the film “Hotel Rwanda”, regarding the 1994 Rwanda Genocide Against the Tutsis.
Afternoon, drive to the Volcanoes Mountains – home to the Mountain Gorillas & Golden Monkeys, for overnight. 94km, 2.5hrs .
Overnight on Full-board basis:
Top-range, 5Star: Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge www.governorscamp.com; Or, alternative
Mid-range, 4star: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge www.3bhotels.com; Or, alternative
Day 03: Volcanoes Forest-Gorilla Trek/Kigali/Depart
Morning, undertake the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime thrilling adventure – Mountain Gorilla Trek, in the volcanoes forest.
Freshening up and lunch at the lodge, followed by check-out – ready for your journey back to Kigali.
- Before exiting the Volcanoes Mountains base town of Musanze, make a brief stop-over visit of the DIAN FOSSEY MUSEUM-GALLERY.
(No Entrance fee, but donations are welcome)
Shortly after, bid farewell to the volcanoes mountains region and drive down the slopes, on the winding road – arriving in Kigali in the late afternoon, with onward transfer to the Kigali International Airport for your evening outbound.
—END OF OUR SERVICES—
Important Tips on Rwanda Express Gorillas Trek – In preparation for your trek activity
Volcanoes Mountains is a high altitude area of over 2,400 meters above sea level.
It is extremely chilly in the early mornings and evenings – warm clothing is therefore necessary.
While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly – it is necessary therefore to have:
- Water-proof clothing (jacket, with hood + trousers);
- Waterproof Zip-Lock bags for Cameras/Film/Passports/Money, e.t.c.;
- Hand Gloves (warm and water-proof), to keep hands warm and dry, as well as protect from stinging nettles;
- Hiking boots – with good mud-grip are most appropriate, especially in wet weather;
- Gaiters – to protect your trek trouser legs and boots against mud/wetness;
- Small hand/face towel, to wipe sweat off your face during the trek.
Validity Period: 01st June – 31st December 2021
Top Range-5*- High Season
2 Pax Each-$ 2620
3 Pax Each-$ 2125
4 Pax Each-$ 1985
5 Pax Each-$ 1940
6 Pax Each-$1915
2 Pax Each-$1985
3 Pax Each-$1845
4 Pax Each-$1775
5 Pax Each-$1730
6 Pax Each- $1705
Mid-Range- All Year-4*
2 Pax Each-$1170
3 Pax Each-$1035
4 Pax Each-$970
5 Pax Each-$930
6 Pax Each-$905
PLUS: Activity Fee – *all accompanied by a park guide; (Trek Activities Age Limit – min 15years)
- Gorilla Trek Permits – Rwanda @ US$1,500.00 Per Person Per Trek.
- High: 01st Jun–31st Oct + 16th–31st Dec
- Mid: 01st Nov–15th Dec
Rwanda Express Gorillas Trek- Main Quote Includes:
Kigali airport arrival transfer + departure drop-off
- 01Night Accommodation in Kigali, on Bed & Breakfast basis Kigali City Tour + lunch on
- Day 02: Inclusive of applicable Genocide Museum Hall Audio Guide fee
- 01Night Accommodation at the volcanoes, on Full-board basis;
- Private Transport in 4×4 Safari Land-cruiser
- Services of English-Speaking Driver-Guide
- Emergency Air Evacuation Cover (excludes hospitalization and medical bills
- Bottled Drinking Water during the safari (in the vehicle) and while trekking
- All taxes on the services quoted above.
Rwanda Express Gorillas Trek- Main Quote Excludes:
Meals and beverages, other than specified
- Gorilla Trek Permits; Applicable permit fee is shown separate from main quote
- Any other sight-seeing activities or accommodation, other than indicated on the program;
- International & Regional airfares
- Passport and visa fees
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines
- Gratuities to driver-guides/Park Guide & Porters/Hotel Staff, and other conveyance attendants
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls, e.t.c.
- Personal and Baggage Insurance
- Costs for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above, or requested for