Salt Lick Safari
Salt Lick Safari is a road trip departing from Mombasa/Malindi /Diani Hotels to this world famous lodge and back to your destination after 2 days .This is among the most photographed lodges in the world .
The lodge is located in Taita Hills Sanctuary where more than 300 species of birds have been recorded in addition to other animals.
You get a golden chance to see a lot of animals as they approach the water hole to quench their thirst and through the tunnel.
The lodge has an age restriction for children under 5 years for safety reasons its elevated on stilts however,this should not hider families with children as they will be booked at Taita Hills Game lodge still located in the sanctuary .
Among the highlights of this safari includes:
- Large herds of free-ranging African elephants as well as other wildlife.
- More than 300 species of birds in Taita Sanctuary
- Panoramic view in Salt lick Lodge
- Chance to overnight at the salt lick lodge one of the most photographed lodge
- Game watch at the comfort of dining table at Salt lick Lodge
Salt Lick Safari – Tour-DETAILED ITINERARY
Meet and greet at your hotel after safari briefing drive to Taita Sanctuary a private sanctuary Located within the Taita hills, covering an area of 100 sq km .It hosts cape buffalo, elephant, zebra, hartebeest, impala, waterbuck, Thomsons gazelle, lesser kudu, dik-dik, leopard, Maasai lion, Maasai giraffe, birds just to mention but a few .Lunch is at Sarova saltlick lodge built atop stilts overlooking a water hole and designed for lofty game viewing from its thatched roof rondavels and walkways. Afternoon gamedrive, animals expected to be seen includes lions, cheetah, baboons, giraffes, elephants just to mention but a few. Dinner and overnight.
Salt Lick Safari Lodge (L.D.B)
Early morning game drive return for breakfast and thereafter return to Mombasa with game drive enroute to be dropped back to the hotel.
End of our services
Similar itineraries to saltlick are
03 Jan to 30 Mar / 10Apr – to 13 Apr /01 Jul -15 Dec
2Pax -Each – $340
4 Pax- Each -$265
6 Pax -Each -$240
Single Room supplements -US$35
01 Apr to 09-Apr /14 Apr-30 Jun 20
2 Pax – Each -$ 290
4 Pax – Each -$220
6 Pax – Each -$195
Salt Lick Safari-Price Includes
- Meet and greet /Safari briefing
- Accommodation as outlined.
- Full board accommodation (B)Breakfast (L) Lunch & (D)dinner
- Private safari van in a roof top viewing.
- Sanctuary fees
- English / French/German speaking driver guide throughout the safari
- All applicable taxes
- 1 litre of mineral water per day (complementary)
Salt Lick Safari- Price Exclusion
- Item of personal Nature i.e. Drinks, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Clothing
- Tips to driver guides, porters and waiters
- Activities not mentioned on the Itinerary
- Accommodation in Mombasa
Our previous clients had a great time with Flying Dove Tours